We hear of people having breast cancer. It is a disease that has received attention due to its growing rate. Here are some important facts about breast cancer.
• Breast cancer is the second most common form of cancer in women in the U.S. It is the second in the list of cancers that cause death among women. However, people are still unaware of the importance of knowing about the risk of breast cancer.
• Breast cancer has good relation with a person’s genetics. If your first-degree relative has breast cancer, then you have more tendency of basing breast cancers. Breast cancers do not only take place due to genetic reasons. Someone whose history is clear may also suffer from breast cancer.
• Everyone in thousand people has the chance of having breast cancer. Every year about 450 men die from breast cancer. The reason for high death rate is that most people are unaware that breast cancer may happen to men as well. So, they diagnose at a later stage, reducing the chance of survival.
• The risk of breast cancer becomes more as you grow old. The risk of breast cancer in a woman of age 20 is 1 in 1,760, but in the case of a 70-year-old woman is 1 in 27 only.
• There is no connection between prostate cancer and breast cancer; that is, it is not true that a prostate cancer patient has higher chances of having breast cancer or vice versa.
We need to study more about breast cancer. If you are a woman, you should do some early screening to find out if you have breast cancer or not. By diagnosing earlier, we can beat the disease.